Monday, January 2, 2012

Why do it today if you reallllly don't want to?


It’s now officially 2012, and the perfect time for me to fix everything that is wrong with me. I lost the remote about four days ago, so I know that the universe is on my side. I know it’s January 2nd and it seems like I may be a little late on the whole “New Year” thing, but January 2nd is the real New Year’s day (January 3rd for those of you who have jobs and got today off). I feel like it was irresponsible of whoever made the calendar to put December 31st and January 1st back to back, so I’m taking it upon myself to do things the right way. I believe I spent my January 1st like most folk.

1. I woke up next to Ashley in one of our friend’s roommate’s beds and scrambled to get the hell out of there before he came home from winter break. Hopefully he doesn’t notice his sheets now have a thin layer of glitter that will probably never ever ever come off except onto his own body.

2. Although we had prepared for the night and next morning like alcoholic boy scouts, we realized we forgot one thing as we walked to the car in our pj’s and five inch heels.

3. I got home, light proofed my apartment with sheets and thumbtacks, and slept until five.

4. I was awake for just long enough to order and consume an entire dominos pizza and room-temperature Gatorade.

5. I fell asleep at 11:00 (hey, that was one of my resolutions) before I was able to finish writing my to-do list for the following day.

The nice thing is that I set the bar so low yesterday that today’s menial accomplishments seem like a big deal.

1. I woke up before 10 (another resolution right there) and took out the trash. Since there were about 10 bags, and I woke up at 9:54 (6 minutes before pick-up), I counted it as a workout too!

2. I got back in bed and did all the really easy things on my to do list.I made all the random phone calls I needed to make, and since it’s a work holiday, nobody answered. Welp, now it’s on their to-do list.

3. I deposited my Christmas money. I’m going to try and set up direct deposit next year.

4.I wrote the check for N-star and put it in an envelope. Stamping it can wait for tomorrow. I’ll mail it by Friday. I find that stretching out a simple task stretches out the feel good feeling.

I wrote a to-do list for the rest of the week.

It’s not procrastination if you write it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment